Freedom to Speak Up Guardian Directory
This is the national directory for Freedom to Speak Up Guardians. It includes contact details for Freedom to Speak Up Guardians that have been trained by the National Guardian’s Office and have registered their details with us.
Responses to consultations
Freedom to Speak Up Information Sessions – available for booking
The National Guardian’s Office is delivering Freedom to Speak Up Information Sessions. These sessions serve as Foundation Training for new Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
These sessions are open to guardians in NHS trusts and foundation trusts, national organisations, independent sector and primary care providers. They are not open to those in supporting speaking up roles, such as champions and ambassadors who should liaise with their guardians about obtaining appropriate training and guidance.
These interactive workshops are designed to give a broad overview of the principles of Freedom to Speak Up and help participants:
- Learn more about the background and expectations of the Freedom to Speak Up Guardian role and its importance in working towards a culture where speaking up is business as usual
- Develop a better understanding of speaking up and how best to support and respond to the people who do so
- Identify barriers to speaking up in your organisation and start to think about how to address these
- Reflect on your feelings about the role and next steps to take whether you are a guardian or supporting speaking up in your organisation
- Make connections with others in a similar role
Other Foundation Training sessions for new guardians in trusts may also be available locally – please check with your regional network chair.
Session times: Registration: 09.00, Start: 9.30, Finish: 16.30
- Friday 6 March 2020
- Friday 24 April 2020
- Friday 15 May 2020