The Whistleblowers’ Support Scheme opens for applications
The Whistleblowers’ Support Scheme provides confidential, practical support and advice for NHS workers – current and former – who are having difficulty finding suitable employment in the NHS as a result of raising a concern in the public interest. Applications close midnight Sunday 5 January 2020.
NHS England and NHS Improvement developed the scheme in response to the recommendations in Sir Robert Francis’ Freedom to Speak up Report; in particular principle 12 (‘Support to find suitable employment within the NHS’)
The scheme is open to anyone who:
• is an NHS worker, current or former
• has raised concerns in the public interest about the NHS
• can demonstrate sound performance prior to raising concerns
• suffered detriment as a result of speaking up
• has experienced difficulties staying in or finding suitable NHS employment since raising concerns in the public interest
• is eligible to work in the UK and is looking for work in England.
Please bring the scheme to the attention of anyone who may be interested in applying.
All the relevant information including a guide to the scheme and the application form can be found on NHS Improvement’s websiteDecember 2, 2019